The ERMES group is at present focussing on road transport. In 2013 the group identified almost 30 issues with different degree of urgency and importance for meeting the ERMES objectives. Among those a limited number are currently being financed.
The ERMES-ROAD work-programme contains the following items:
• Measurement of vehicles with new technologies and alternative fuels;
• Constitution of a database of measurements both performed in the laboratory and on the road;
• Validation of emission factors with PEMS data and remote sensing;
• Methodological issues related to unregulated pollutants and non-exhaust emissions;
• Guidance on the use of modelling tools;
• Impact of failures, durability and retrofits on emissions;